Talk About It
Whether you are a teacher, business owner, healthcare professional, religious counselor, parent, or student leader, we need your help telling others about this issue. Lack of awareness and negative stigma are the biggest obstacles, which means that the discussions you have with people you care about will make the biggest difference.
We’ve grouped a few discussion topics with videos and questions below. If you would like access to additional materials, contact us.
Lifting the Stigma
“Extremely successful people are sharing their stories…
People are now saying, ‘If it can happen to them it could happen to me.’”
– Birmingham Police Chief A.C. Roper
- Do people normally talk about addiction?
- What makes drug addiction such a sensitive topic?
- Why is it important for people to openly share their stories of addiction?
- What are some specific ways we can lift the stigma surrounding drug abuse?